HELP! All my media is BLACK!

Discussion in 'Software' started by onyo, Oct 1, 2007.

1. onyo

onyo Private E-2

I believe what triggered this problem is the latest nVidia update, which I downloaded for my 6600GT. Since then I have had problems with my media, especially my video.
    When i open a video, it just looks black, sometimes red and blue outlines can be seen on bright areas.

How can I get my computer running vids like normal again?

I've done:
    -tried other midea players like VLC, Real, and Nero
    -reinstalled latest nvidia drivers
    -reinstalled Klite and Xvid codecs
    I run:
    -Windows XP professional
    -evga 6600GT 128.

thanks!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Welcome to majorgeeks.
    Did you uninstall present video drivers , first, before reinstalling new ?

3. onyo

onyo Private E-2

yes, the .exe ran through an uninstall before it installed im pretty sure

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Try this.
    Click start
    Right click My Computer
    Click devices
    Click display adaptors
    Double click your graphics card -660GT.
    Clck driver
    Click roll back driver.

Shut down restart, see how that runs.
    If o.k, leave that driver on, as the latest is not always the greatest driver for all.
    If that still gives problems, then go back to the driver, and click uninstal, shut down, and restart - Windows will say 'found new hardware- direct it to your new driver, or, just close that box, and install the new driver, as sometimes you need to uninstal/reinstal that way to get the best results, clearing out old files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds