Is there any way to monitor Broadband traffic

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

My Broadband Router / Modem has occasional bursts of activity with no apparent relation to what I am doing. This is usually after the daily updates, etc., and any chatting I am doing. Is it possible to get a realtime scrolling display of what is going on?

Bazza

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Could run either below to let you know whats going on as if I remember right you have a netgear Wireless DG834 series? and afaik it not have the support of the app Adryn posted for this sadly as I would love to have it also...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Network_Monitor_d5697.html
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1005306&postcount=2 This one when run with monitoring screens showing will give live readout as to what app or file is accessing the network, free version listed in link.

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks Halo and Adrynalyne for your replies, and links.

I will check them out.

@Halo@
    Netgear DG834G (v3 or v4?) with firmware update.
    54MBPS Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router (as per the box), with double firewall protection.

Don't know what that means, but the box says
    Bazza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds