Help!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by papabobber, Oct 1, 2007.

1. papabobber

papabobber Private E-2

Hello Im new here and was told Id get an answer here .I have a PC that is going to go down the road behind the car real fast and soon lol.The problem Im having is it wont start up.I get a error on start up.It tells me

Awards BootBlock BIOS v1.0

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media

Ive tried to load it from a staar up Floppy I made and no luck it starts to load and all new stuff starts to happen.This all started with the wife just shutting it off and all the reading I did today its either my BIOS or MS-DOS?
    If anyone knows how to fix this please please help

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

More often than not, thats a weak or dead CMOS battery. Looks like a watch battery on the motherboard, and is easy enough to run down to your local electronics store to buy a new one.

3. papabobber

papabobber Private E-2

Tried that and two new memory sticks.Ive made a new boot disc on a floppy and no luck.Thanks for the respond :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds