anyone know a good video editing program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by art2d2, Oct 1, 2007.

1. art2d2

art2d2 Private E-2

pretty much the title. i'm just looking for a good video editing program...i'm getting a video capture card to put all my video clips on my pc and then i want to edit them and make a movie...but i was wondering if anyone knew a good editing program..and i am running windows but i want something a little more in depth than windows movie maker

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. Tarquin BA

Tarquin BA Private First Class

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Sony makes one, called Vegas I think.... there's a freeware program too called ZS4. To be honest, I've never used either one.... ZS4 is available here at MajorGeeks http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZS4_d4825.html

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

5. gGrump

gGrump Private E-2

Two votes for VirtualDub.

If you want output to avi (xvid, Divx, dv) it's dead-easy. You just must install desired codecs before you can output your edited video.

But if you want dvd, it's a little daunting at first.
    Edit in Vdub, then frame-serve (or AviSynth Script) to an mpeg encoder (I use HCenc), then you have to load the mpeg into still another authoring app (I use DvdAuthorGui, nothing simpler on the planet) to get your actual dvd-compliant files ready-to-burn-to-disk. Then you burn the dvd (ImgBurn is wonderful.)

6. toastface5

toastface5 Private E-2

I would personally go for Adobe Premiere Pro CS3... but the only problem, is its a lot of money to buy... :cry

7. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Three votes for virtual dub. I also recommend the free version of Tmpeg. The Mpeg 2 function is only free for 30 days, but the Mpeg 1 ability is free always. Program has some good Mpeg editing and multi/de-multiplexing tools.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds