New Java Version 6 Update 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilfantasy, Oct 2, 2007.

1. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Thanks!

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

quick question? if your java is set to auto update. do updates such as this get installed. my sound a stupid ? but thought i would ask anyway:confused

4. wildwolf220

i just checked it out i went into control panel and went to java then hit update and it did install Version 6 Update 3. so i take it it does auto update.

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I don't have that update yet. But, regarding the comments here, it will happen automatically but not until the 15th day of the month unless I intervene and get the update sooner. Here's my Java Control Panel. Yours look the same, right?

[​IMG]

And, it's not necessary to uninstall the last version before installing the new update. That can be done afterward.

6. wildwolf220

not sure why that is Kestrel. what happens when you right click the java in controle panel then open? i get the java control panel.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  7. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

Hi i am running XP Pro and can't find Java control panel. In control panel -java the only options are change or remove. I ran a search for it and came back with no results. can someone tell me how to get to it?

Thanks,
    Dan

8. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

In my control panel i have:
    Java runtime envirment, SE v1.4.2_03
    Java(TM) 6 Update 2
    Should i have anything else?

Thanks,
    Dan

9. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Thats right Emma :)

If I double click on the Java icon in control Panel it opens the Java control panel. (does not appear in the notification area or system tray as it used to be known)

or

If I right click on the Java icon in control Panel and select 'open' I get exactly the same result

10. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I was able to do it through the control panel, which is a good thing to know since it's a lot easier than finding the actual download.

I still had to go to add/remove and remove v2 though.

11. wildwolf220

in control panel did you click on classic view? this could be why you cant see it.

12. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

yes Wildwolf that was the problem. I found it yesterday afternoon i'm always forgeting about that. :eek:
    Thanks,
    Dan

13. wildwolf220

your welcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds