Win XP & OS X

Discussion in 'Software' started by kpatrickm, Oct 3, 2007.

1. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Private E-2

Hello,
    Just a quick question.I was wondering if its possible to dual boot Win XP & Apples OS X on my PC.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Not easily, and definitely not legally. :(

(Just to be 100% certain - you do mean PC hardware, and not Mac hardware, correct?)

3. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

you also have to be careful because osx supports only a limited run of vid cards..... for the most part only up to 256mb of mem... any thing over that and you will have to flash the bios on your vid card ( if it will allow igt ) and you run the risk of pretty much destroying it

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Actually, the MacOSX EULA only allows installation on Apple-branded hardware. You can't legally install OSX on PC hardware.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Maybe on a PC.

Definitely not on a Mac.

6. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Private E-2

Yes I mean PC hardware.It seems I cant do it then.Ah well it was just a thought.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds