Moving installed apps between drives

Discussion in 'Software' started by SFD1968, Oct 3, 2007.

1. SFD1968

SFD1968 Private E-2

Does anyone know of a program which will allow me to move installed apps from my primary drive to a secondary drive? I seem to remember something like this in an old version of Partition Magic, but I don't recall which one.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

:confused

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

This will mess up your registry, your best bet is to reinstall an app slecting the other drive.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. GRWDAD

GRWDAD Private First Class

You will need to be carefully with what you move. My machine did it on it's own for some reason, with out me specifing. So now my image is screwed. Anyway, I put the second drive in mainly for video files I was downloading from my camcorder to my PC to burn to a disk. It would not properly record between the hard drives. I had to end up just burning them to my primary drive, there was a lot of delay and skipping burning to the second. Also, I moved all my music to my second drive, wrong again, I couldn't burn a cd the without a lot of skipping. It might be my PC or I need to hook the hard drives together a different way, but that's my input.

5. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

You can't do that,only solution:uninstall and reinstall again,this time choose the other prtition.As Colemanguy say you will messup your registry big time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds