Codec question

Discussion in 'Software' started by PennyW, Oct 4, 2007.

1. PennyW

PennyW Private E-2

Hello. I just purchased the Codec program because I was getting a message when trying to sent a cropped MP3 file to my Motorola V3xx phone using Motorola Phone Tools. I was getting a message "mp3 Codec may be inappropriate or missing". I contacted Motorola and they advised me to contact HP because I have an HP Pavilion a1630n computer running Vista Home Premium. I contacted HP through the Chat feature and was referred to the Major Geeks website where I found I had to purchased ther Codec program. (Now I find free programs throuhg Google). So I purchased the program and downloaded it. I tried to run it and I get a message "Error whilst running 'CC:\codec\view_setup.exe". When I click on OK it goes ahead and installs and says installation OK. When I again tried to send the cropped MP3 file from Motorola Phone Tolls I got the same "missing" message. I uninstalled Codec, turned off my firewall and reinstalled. Same problem with "error whilst..." message. What gives? Am I doing sonething wrong? Is this not what I needed?

Help, please :)

2. GRWDAD

GRWDAD Private First Class

Have you successfully use MotoTools in the past? Just asking. THere is also some software called "Audacity", http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows. You can adjust sound volumes with this one. You can crop and create but still need motoTools or Bluetooth to transfer the mp3. Hope it helps.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

4. 12oclock

12oclock Private E-2

I had this same prob w/MPT not transferring cropped MP3's to my v3xx, but it would transfer entire ones. Yes, it is a codec prob and I found a solution on another forum. You can download it here http://www.looprecorder.de/tut_l3codec.php. Download the l3codecp.reg and unplug your usb, then reconnect. All this being said, my assumption is that you have WMP11. Hopefully it works for you like it did for me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds