Opera reigns supreme ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by shanemail, Oct 27, 2007.

1. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Attached Files:

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Thanks Bill

I have no sites listed in 'trusted sites' apart from http://forums.majorgeeks.com/ which i just entered following your advice

my security is set to 'internet' not to 'trusted sites' generally and I previously have had no issues with it set this way for the 7 years i have been online.

following your advice does work, time will tell if it restricts my browsing for sites that I do not have listed as 'trusted' :confused

thanks again :)

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Well this is getting really random :D

works one minute not the next

I'm even getting '404' error messages when clicking reply or copy/pasting thread addresses from one browser to another (including opera now)
    no problems on any other sites including https://

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

this is what i have in trusted sites and it seems to have cured the same problems you now have.

[​IMG]

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

I have the first one (majorgeeks) in there

It worked, then it didnt and spread to opera and included 404 errors(file not found)

now its working again, not changing anything just closing and opening browsers :eek

I will redo java later on today and see what happens :confused

7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i see from your other post that you are showing Javaupdate 3 as 134.00Mb mine is the same as the others 111.00Mbs so i don't understand that??[​IMG]

8. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

roflmao

Its just one of those days I guess, nothing i have posted today makes any sense, which is maybe why the majorgeek gods have been trying their hardest to keep me from accessing the site. ;)

Now ie and firefox are having no problems and I cant access the site with opera - total reversal of what was originally happening

updated opera and firefox yesterday
    experimented with java instal methods and ran ccleaner today

business as usual apart from all that, but that gives at least 4 different possibilities :D gives me something to do anyway ;)

9. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

10. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I don't know if it's a server problem but i have just had 3 hours where i could not get past home page, i use another site that is linked to triblefusion and have had problems with that as well.

11. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

All just coincidence - everything is how it should be again :grouphug

12. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, maybe you Aussies are slightly ahead of us, 12 hours after you started this thread, sites went crashing for me. Curious is all that I can say. Coincidence or collusion?;) :D

13. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

HEY SHANE i just found a strange one in my PC it may have relevance to our probs.

if i run google accelerator on FF i can not use the shoutbox and the moment i unload it SB is back.

no i am really confused?????

has microsoft or FF downloaded somthing to my PC that i don't know about??[​IMG]

14. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

The chatbox here is java so there is a possibility that you have a Java conflict to do with your Google add-on ???

The problems I had appear to just be to do with whatever they were doing with MG's.

Just coincidentally happened at the same time I was playing with Java

Although I have to admit to still being somewhat confused due to the intermittent nature of the troubles I had yesterday :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds