Eset Smart

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes it does sound expensive and for 1yr subscription and one PC install only it is not a cosdt effective solution, if they had allowed it to be say 3yrs and 3 PCs licence then yes it would be worth the $$s but my feeling is that I will survive with the free solutions,

I still think and believe the best defence is common sense in where and what you are downloading as with all the best security in the world something will get past it, no AV or security solution is 100% foolproof.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

ESET also has a new free online scanner with the same definitions as NOD32, http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ You can also use their fully functional free 1 month trial after the fact. Most of my richer virtual friends just love NOD32.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds