password breaking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by infosystems, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infosystems

infosystems Private E-2

I have lost the password for my user "balaji" on my pc. how do i break the password.

2. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

What OS are you running on that rig? M$ and other companies do offer password recovery utilities, but at a price. Is this your computer, or is it at work, school, or belong to someone else?

3. infosystems

infosystems Private E-2

The os is windows xp home edition and on one computer it is windows 98

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  4. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Someone else may have to help you with those OSs. I use Win2k Pro and I've had to reset passwords after being locked out before. It stinks when you lock yourself outta the puter. Are these at work or at home? If at work you may be able to get the administrator to stop by and help you out. I'm not sure that a system restore from a certain date would change this or not. I don't think the password files are included in that.

5. infosystems

infosystems Private E-2

Any body who can help me out

6. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Someone may be able to help you but most will likely be reluctant to do so. Keeping in mind that you have chosen not to answer where these computers are or who they belong to. You may choose to continue your quest for breaking the password(s) on these computers but keep in mind that if the systems you are trying to access do not belong to you then it is unethical if not illegal.

Again, if the computers are at work, contact the systems administrator who can reset or change your password for you, if you are at home then it may be more difficult. With regards to the OSs you mentioned I simply do not have the answers for you. With Win2k and WinXP there are ways to do what you are asking.

7. infosystems

infosystems Private E-2

The computers are in my own office and the pasword relates my computer. Since the person who did the networking was charging heavily for the AMC, the contract is discontinued. My office is very small consisting of 15 work satations.

8. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

If using Win98 then there should be a file with PWL extension for the balaji account in the Windows directory. Deleting this file will remove the password for the account.

If using WinXP then login using an Administrator account and you are allowed to change the password for the "balaji" account in Computer Management.

9. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Private E-2

If you are using an NT based OS, I have a utility that will crack the SAM file for you.

10. infosystems

infosystems Private E-2

Can you get me the utility.

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

this is looking very dodgey here. more like one of them underground bbs which consist of "GIVE ME A CRACK UTILITY, Yea i want it too, do you have a cd key? i want the cd key too, and me, and me...."

sorry about that....

what kind of restrictions do you have on the machine, as in can you open user profiles etc. there are utilities to crack PWL files, but they are dodgey and not recomended

12. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Private E-2

I wrote this utility, but I agree, I will not give it out. It actually goes through and brute forces the SAM file, takes about 8 hours to run

13. slim028

slim028 Private E-2

IP address

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get a person's IPaddress,if you can you can reach me at longwolf49@excite.com,i would be greatful for the help.

14. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Slim, first off, no one would help you, secondly, If you want to know, ask properly.. I mean in what situation, MSN IRC etc, for god sakes we wont help you hack, but we REALY wont help if you dont even know how to ask a proper question

15. slim028

slim028 Private E-2

IP address

NO lamien ,,you got it all wrong ..i'm not a hacker as you can see i'm new to this altogether .it's that it's just been happen'n to me and i don't know what to do to stop it ,so if you can help,i sure could use it .

16. qx_nerdtronic

qx_nerdtronic Private E-2

can you access the administrator account? if so, you can change the user's password, unless it's not a local account. another way to clear passwords is FDISK. also, low level formatting, and powerful magnets.

17. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

Okay, its very simple to solve this problem. Take the Win 2k disk, put it in the drive, boot to it, and then delete the partition that the windows is on, and recreate it, and install over it. Works great for lost passwords.

-Ice

18. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Due to the nature of the problem and the fact that legal attempts to recover a password and gain access to a system can NOT be verified, we cannot help you ( or anyone else for that matter. ) on the board. If you need such services, www.google.com and enter "NT Password Recover" or something similar.

Thread closed for review by MG owners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds