Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maxtor, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Maxtor

Maxtor Private E-2

I have an Intel D865PERL motherboard, and I have been using the on-board SoundMax audio on Windows XP Home. There recently was a problem with the audio, so I went into device manager and noticed 2 yellow flags: Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator and the audio device.

I uninstalled both of them, and now the audio device "installs" (the drivers install fine) but in the Control Panel sound and multimedia section, it says "No Audio Device". I was looking around and it seems that other people with this problem have to re-install their Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator. This was not re-installed so I think I have to do it as well.

I have looked for the swenum.sys and swenum.inf files that are needed to install it, and I have the .sys file but I cannot find the .inf file, and on google the only place that I've found it requires that you pay $10 for it... which I will NOT do. I'm wondering if anyone has this file or has a way to write one...

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Have you tried contacting Intel tech support? Or maybe visit their site and download the complete audio driver and reinstall it. Here's the link to the drivers for your motherboard (for WinXP Home): http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Home+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=45&submit=Go! Personally, I'd install the chipset drivers first, reboot, then load the sound drivers. Good luck!

And Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds