nvgts.sys causing driver irql not less than or equal to bug

Discussion in 'Software' started by trunksthebattler2000, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trunksthebattler2000

trunksthebattler2000 Private First Class

Ok so I just built a new comp for my friend. Specs....

Mobo - ASUS P5NT-T Deluxe
    Processor - Intel Q6600
    RAM - 2GB DDR2 800
    GFX - XFX nVidia 8800 GTX
    HDD - 250GB SATA 2
    Win XP Pro

Ok so I put it all together and installed XP on it and everything was working fine for about 10 minutes when out of the blue the comp blue screened with the error "driver IRQL not less than or equal to" and it was caused by nvgts.sys which is the nVidia SATA "Performance" driver. So after it blue screened it would either boot half way to windows and blue screen or get to the desktop for about 2 seconds and blue screen. So I reformatted and still have the same problem. I've also reset the BIOS to no avail. Safe mode is accessible and I have tried all the newest drivers which don't seem to help not to mention that it occasionally blue screens while in safe mode. Help please.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Being that the SATA performance driver is not supported by Nvidia...and buggy half the time, have you considered removing it, or not installing it to begin with?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Also...is the HDD AHCI compatible?

4. trunksthebattler2000

Yeah removing it works really well. XD It doesn't work at all after removal. I'll check the AHCI compatibility in the morning.

5. trunksthebattler2000

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You aren't alone. Im not sure what to say other than try older drivers, now that it appears that Nvidia is forcing AHCI drivers on everyone. I dont see anything about that drive that indicates it supports any AHCI features. Note that my somewhat dated Nforce drivers for Vista do not use AHCI drivers. But its an older board too (Asus A8NSLI-32 Deluxe).

Read this, maybe it can shed some more light.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/fri-jan-11-2008-602-am-vp606580.html

7. trunksthebattler2000

Well we solved the problem by reformatting and not installing the stupid driver in the first place. Everything works fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds