cpu multiplier keeps switching!??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saabman34, Feb 11, 2008.

1. saabman34

saabman34 Private E-2

so i turned on my computer today and looked at cpu-z and noticed my multiplier dropped from 13 to 5 and as i watched it, it skipped around from 5 to 11 to 13 to 12 etc. and held mostly at 5... i recently did take my cpu out of the socket so do you think it isn't seated right or is damaged somehow? before it was steady at 13... also look at my voltages... are they off?? and it's showing and has been since i got the heatsink that my cpu idles around -5 degrees C... pretty low from what i've seen

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2499881/10

my system:

amd x2 5000 cpu
    evga 8600 gts gpu
    rosewill 500w psu
    zalman 9700 heatsink
    shitty hp mobo

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

That would be AMD's Cool,n,Quiet doing its thing ;) Clock speed and voltage drop to save power according to load.

3. saabman34

saabman34 Private E-2

really? that comes with the cpu? it wasnt doing it before... maybe my reformat helped

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds