help me install my graphics card please!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by earlwhite05, Feb 13, 2008.

1. earlwhite05

earlwhite05 Private First Class

ok i have a old hp its a pavilion xl773 and i have upgraded the prosseser from a 700mhz to a 800mhz,now according to hp i can go as high as 866mhz and these are intell and i do have a 866mhz. the memmory has been upgraded to 320mb from its origanal 64mb.windows update has dune a bazzillion up dates and ive went to intell to get updates for the chipset,the chip set is as follows system controller intel 810 or 810e,intel 810 graphics&memory controller hub (gmch). ok the issue is i bouhgt a pci geforce fx5500 graphics card,it tells me when i run the disk that the drivers are installed and system needs to restart so i can put the card in and start my system and the mother board beeps 1 long and 2 short,now thATS telling me that (according to www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html) that i have video adapter failerand with the card still in nomatter what i plug the moniter into the screen says video cable connected?? i can remove the card and restart the system and be fine. the computer is up to specs with the grapics card recomandatins,here they are as follows............300wat power suply or grater is recomended,intel pentium 4,3,2,celeron,and,so on..128mb of system memmory,windows me or higher,i have xp.............n-e ideas?????????????

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Just what the BIOS beep code said. The video card could be bad,

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds