Need CrossfireX Info

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by short_jo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. short_jo

short_jo Private E-2

Alright, so here is my question. Will any board with two PCI-E 16X slots be able to use Crossfirex?

Now, here is why I ask. I want to buy an HD 3780X2 and later buy another one. As anybody who comments will know, this card is basically two hd 3780's welded together, but with slightly better performance. Of course, in device manager and such, this will show up as me having two hd 3780 cards. This means, that when another card is added, I will have the equivalent of four cards. This would make CrossfireX a must-have feature.

What I want to do is buy this mobo:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030

This mobo has everything I want except for a few things. I doubt you want to hear all of the reasons why I want it. The only reason that I wouldn't want it is if the P35 chipset would not be able to use CrossfireX.

I have read of only a few people that have tried it, and because the CrossfireX drivers have not yet become available, there are no substantial answers. I have been researching this for a few days now, but I just can't get any good, straight-forward, answers.

I appreciate any answers, speculation, advice, or just plain anything to do with the matter. Thanks for weighing in.

2. short_jo

short_jo Private E-2

*bump*
    Has this stumped everybody or is it just that dumb of a question?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds