overclocking and temps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kingwrench, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kingwrench

kingwrench Private E-2

Im new to this forum and new to OC ing. I just built myself a new machine, Coolermaster cosmos case,coolermaster 1000 wt ps, ASUS maximus extreem MB, Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz, Patroit 2gb DDR3 1333 ram, Thermaltake bigwater cooling system, havent installed the second radiator yet its back ordered. Have been playing with the supplied Asus oc program moving the speed up and down seems to make a pretty good difference in Benchmark tests. But what is a acceptable temp range for the CPU, NB, SB, And MB. in the ASUS crazy mode my cpu hit a temp of 140deg setting off the alarm. Any help with the temp setting would be very helpful. No I just need to figure out how to properly set my ram timings. And is there a site somewhere where people share there ASUS OC bios Lance

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

Just a note, usually computer temps are posted in Celcius. Ambient temps are posted as either Celcius or Farenheight. Go Figure...

I try to keep my Q6600 around 50°C and at least under 60° with a full CPU load. I have found the heatsink on my Gigabyte board to be a bit tempermental, so double check that you have your waterblock installed properly.

You put your post in the correct place.

:D

E

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds