USB Wireless Adapter Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swami Godd, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Swami Godd

Swami Godd Private E-2

I have a DLink WUA-1340 USB Wireless Adapter. It works properly on my old computer. I bought another computer and tried installing it with the same drivers and files, but whenever I try to open the wireless connection manager, it says that the adapter is not found. Here is the kicker, the adapter is working and online. I want to be able to give it a fixed IP address, but can't open the manager or find it in my network connections. Any help is greatly appreciated. If screenshots are needed, I'll happily post them. Thanks.

2. kestrel1

kestrel1 Private E-2

What OS are you using & have you looked on the Dlink website for updated drivers?

3. Swami Godd

Swami Godd Private E-2

First, thanks for the reply.

Second, Windows XP Home SP2 and yes I've gotten newest drivers. Like I said, the device works and shows up in the hardware list. It just doesn't show up in the network connections list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds