nothing works but the fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tfrich, Feb 16, 2008.

1. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

i cant get it to post.
    ecs 755a2 mobo
    amd 3000+ sempron
    512 mb ddr 333mhz ram
    nvidia agp graphics card
    i cant get anything ...no beeps no video..
    nothing..
    oyea asprie x-navagator case 500 psu
    :confused where do i start
    ...and dont say best buy...lol

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Did it ever work?
    Is the mobo new?
    Are you building it or repairing it?

If you have both memory slots occupied, run the pc with one stick out at a time. Test both sticks.

Have you connected the auxiliary 12 connector from the psu?

3. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

i have not got it to post
    yes

4. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

im about ready to give up

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

But did it work?

6. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

no he never got it running.:confused

7. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

So how is is fitted to the case?

Have you used the standoff pillars?

Do you have reason to know if your processor is working? Can you test is in another system?

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

A good way to test the board is to 'build' the system, but do it outside of the case. Put the motherboard on a non-conductive surface and install the CPU, fan, and memory. Hook up the monitor (use on board video if you have it), keyboard, and mouse. Then plug the PSU into the motherboard, plug in the power cord, and use a screwdriver to short the power switch pins. You may need to check the manual to see which of the front panel header's pins are for power on/off. When you do this, do NOT hook up any drives or PCI cards, use the bare minimum. If you have 2 or more memory sticks, use only one at first. Be sure to clear the CMOS first also. Here's a link to your motherboard manual http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...tailid=381&DetailName=Manual&MenuID=1&LanID=0 There may be a header for CPU bus speed, and if it's set wrong, you probably won't get the board to post. So check the manual to see if that's a possibility....
    Good luck!

9. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

..ufortunatly no...
    i think its good. my son never even got the fans working ...dumb *** gave up before u new it
    i got the 20 pin atx from the psu hooked up and the other 4 pin 12 volt connected
    i just got the power switch hooked up i didnt hook up any of the 5 fans
    i do have the cpu temp display hooked to thepsu
    hdd and cpu temp right at 22c
    i dont have the hdd installed nor the ram
    or video or floppy
    just the cpu and the speaker...
    heres somthing, ...when i put thr spkr plug on i finally heard smthg...
    a lil static... but no beeps
    ...i know this sucker wil run...when i tried to hookup the pwr led nothing no pwr lite .../is that normal?...please stay in touch..ty
    ;)

10. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Is this a display in the front of the case?

Something is not working here, your processor would rise in temp if it was running.

Why do you expect any change from the hard drive if it is not installed?

11. tfrich

tfrich Private E-2

exactly:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds