Campaq-Attack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Clinetyme, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Clinetyme

Clinetyme Private First Class

I have a Compaq Presrio SR1303WM, Its running a AMD Sempron 3000+ and of course theres no overclocking options in the bios. I tried looking into SoftFSB and CPUFSB but they dont have the presets in there drop down boxes that match my mainboard to get the speeds. Heres what i have..

Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. Kelut 2.02
    Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.15 06/06/2005

They have the ASUS but none of them match my exact one nor do they match the FSB speed that i have right now

thx...:wave

2. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

hmm..... if you can do manual settings (if it gives you that option, i can't remember if either program does and i haven't used them in 2-3 years), just bump your FSB by 5 at a time till your computer freezes. KEEP CAREFUL NOTE OF WHERE IT FREEZES! Get it up to 5 below that mark. Then, creep it up 1 at a time till it freezes again. Then, on your 'last attempt', keep it 2 away from your 'freeze zone' as a buffer of sorts. Remember, the closer you get to the hard-lock number on the OC, the more likely you are to see random errors (usually memory errors) caused by the OC.

3. Clinetyme

it does have the manual settings but it still wants the make and model of my mainboard in the drop down boxes, all the other ASUS board settings are lower than the FSB that i have right now, even when i turn them to max it still doesnt match the speed im at. For instance......the highest ASUS board is only reading 133...when i crank it all the way up it only reads 155, im already at 166. This is really a pain in the ars i know, but is there anyway i can get this thing clocked?......thx again

4. Clinetyme

ive managed to get my PLL to match in CPUFSB but....im starting to think if its really worth it. My FSB is 166, i can bump to around 180 b4 i get the dreaded lock-up. Is bumping that small amout really gonna make that much difference for gaming? Im new to clocking, but ive read that Semprons are great for clocking, maybe im just missing some important aspect,....any input would be great!.....thx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds