Video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shani, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Shani

Shani Private E-2

I am having problem with my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB, 128 bit card.The problem is computer stuks after i loged in .and when i try to install new window it show lines and some missing words in mother board setup(bios).i think problem is in Agp card.what should i do? Mainboard intel d865 512 ram kingston ddr1 2.4 giga intel celron processor in windows xp

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Usually when words are missing from BIOS, it is not the video card, but the motherboard or the BIOS is bad. You can try flashing the BIOS with an updated one. If you have another video card available (or a friend has one) it wouldn't hurt to try it. If the motherboard has on board video, you could try that also. There is also the possibility that RAM is bad. If you have 2 memory sticks installed, remove one, then the other, and see if that helps. Performing hardware diagnostics can be difficult without extra parts. You can try running a memory diagnostic test. I like this one http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Windows_Memory_Diagnostic_d3955.html You will need to create a bootable CD or floppy disk from the file you download, then boot to it and press "T" to run the extended tests. Run at least 3 passess....
    Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds