Blue Screen Of Death.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mazurizi, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Mazurizi

Mazurizi Private E-2

Right, at the moment I'm getting the BSOD nearly consistantly when I am playing Team Fortress 2, or Call of Duty 4. So far I've had four variations of BSOD, these are KMixer.sys (7E), TCPIP.sys, NTFS.sys (50) and finally nv4_disp.dll.

Now I think that the first three are fixed, but for the last one it isn't going so easy. At first I had 4 Virtual HDD's, but 3 Physical Ones, this meant that I'd split one HDD into two. This wasn't on purpose, it was because it was only picking up 30GB, then I went into my Windows Installer program and found the other 150GB or so. So my friend (who is an ICT Support / Network Manager / Everything else), came round and diagnosed that this one HDD was trying to read from two places at once, and that caused a stutter crash. So, we formatted Windows and "merged" the C: and the E:. After this we tried to solve the TCPIP BSOD, this was very common for me at the time. We finally got around to that answer that my internet was disconnecting and reconnecting, within milliseconds. Therefore it didn't have the time to display the Connection Problem Error in the top right hand corner of the screen, and therefore leaving my system to hang.

With this fresh install brought fresh installations of the drivers. With this final BSOD (nv4_disp.dll) it's my graphics drivers / graphics card I think. I recently upgraded to a Zotac 8600GT 512MB DDR2 Graphics Card, also I had to upgrade my RAM from 1GB to 2GB, and my PSU from 350 to 600W.

Here are my Specs.

Intel Pentium D 945 Processor
    AsRock 775 Dual-VSTA Motherboard
    2 x 1GB DDR2 Crucial Memory
    Zotac 8600GT 512MB DDR2
    Windows XP SP2, all Windows Updates up to date.

Thanks for your help,

~Maz.

2. Mazurizi

Mazurizi Private E-2

Anyone?

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

4. Mazurizi

Mazurizi Private E-2

Yeah, I have already and none are applicable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds