Can anyone spot anything inantely wrong with this setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lapsed, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes 6GHZ Intel Pentium D CPU for £299

They have no clue how CPU speeds are measured, they think as its a dual core you just multiply the speed of each core and thats the total CPU speed, nope!

If anything a SMP emabled CPU of 3ghz could be compaired to a single core CPU of 4ghz at best, but the clock speed is still 3ghz of each core and all they do with SMP emabled apps is to chache and split the processes up to speed them up.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

6Ghz?Very good lie.This reminds me of one of my client who want me to build him a comp with 9.6Ghz processor.He meant quad core 2.4 Ghz.Ha ha ha.And he want this cos someone told him that in quad you multiply the speed with the cores.What a looser!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds