Microphone Probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ahaydock, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ahaydock

ahaydock Private E-2

I have a few problems on my computer as i cannot use my microphone at all for standard vioce recording or over TS (Team Speak).

Firstly:

My Microphone doesn't work at all!! I was trying to fix another problem (will mention that later) and was switching my microphones whilst my computer was still on. When i tryed to switch my microphone back i accidentily removed a USB device - was a webcam - and after that window's no longer accepts that i have a microphone plugged in (even though it is)

this is what my audio setup currently looks like:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5276/myprobssc1.png

I have my microphone plugged in but it does not recognise it is there and believes nothing is there!!

This creates the second probles:

When i started up TS after my Mic problem i got the message:

"(Error) waveInGetDevCaps Specified device identifier is out of range."

i then changed the "Sound Driver" in teamspeak options from "Wave" to "direct Sound"

But after i have made the change i get the message saying:

"TDSoundIn.open: No sound driver is available for use" and it reverts to the "Wave" "Sound driver" in TS options.

Those two problems prevent me using my mic in TS and leads to TS automatically muting me.

The Third problem:

happened before i could no longer use my mic, i was having bad sound quality when i talked over TS

Could not fix any of thse problems.

Note: I have tryed using three differend headsets on the computer and none of them are recognised by my computer, also i can still hear things perfectly through my headset or computer speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds