newbie question: altering fan speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thisisnotaspoon, Feb 19, 2008.

1. thisisnotaspoon

thisisnotaspoon Private E-2

hi all,

just had my computer repaired (new M/B, PSU, Case and fan, it was a dell so nothing fit when the M/B went bye bye)

however the new fan isn't very quiet, I've downloaded Hmonitor and it says CPU temp is 41C, M/B temp is 31C and temp 3 is 45C, thats with the side panel off and the ducting from the fan to the outside of the case removed. Fan speed is arround 2600rpm. Seems like maximnum fan speed and a fairly low tempreature to me, so how do i slow it down?

I've read arround and found that most comments on fans sugest lowering the speed, how do i do this? I tried geting into the setup in BIOS by hiting DEL, but
    a) bios seems very quick and consists of a mostly blank screen, at no point does it say "press del to enter setup"
    b) tapping del repeatedly as it loads up didnt work.

System:
    M/B: ASRock ConRoe1333-D667
    processor : 2.80 gHz Intel Pentium D

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds