microphone jack broken?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrpainless45, Feb 19, 2008.

1. mrpainless45

mrpainless45 Private E-2

a while back, i bought a logitech headset with seperate speaker and microphone jacks. everything was working fine, ventrilo was working perfectly. then, one day, my microphone stopped working. i cant remember if i possibly updated something that screwed it up, but i know it still doesnt work.

i went to buy another headset yesterday, thinking it would work, but THAT microphone also doesnt work.

is it the physical microphone port itself? or is it something with settings on my PC that i need to change?

thanks!

2. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

Hello mrpainless45, I have experienced the same problem and fixed same by double clicking the speaker icon in the system tray and then clicking options, properties and then scrolling down to microphone and checking the box. Once that box is checked click OK .That allows me to see if the microphone is turned off. I hope this helps.

3. mrpainless45

mrpainless45 Private E-2

Ok, it is checked, but for device, it says SiS 7012 wave, i believe that's the motherboard's on-board audio driver...am i supposed to be able to "enable" my microphone on my headset?

PS

i plugged my monitor's mic jack into the plug and tested, and it ALSO doesnt work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds