Can't see wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by esuule, Feb 19, 2008.

1. esuule

esuule Private E-2

Hi
    My friend is having trouble connecting to her wireless network. She had her drive formatted a few months ago and cannot connect to the network now. The strange thing is she can connect to wireless networks, and can see wireless networks, just not the one being broadcast from a foot away from her computer. I am not really sure what to make of this conundrum, and was hoping there was any way that I could help her computer to see the network that is being broadcast right next to her. Thanks a lot for your help!

- esuule

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Check the router's configuration. Sounds like the SSID broadcast for her network has been disabled.

3. Bob_stefanio

Bob_stefanio Private E-2

also check the channel some wireless cards are very picky about the network channel you broadcast on changing the channel might help most routers default to 11 try channel 6 what type of wirelss card is she using ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds