Distribute 1mb broadband connection evenly.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrokenArrows, Feb 21, 2008.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Living in a house where there are 2 computers connected to the net.

I cant see why but as soon as the other person turns on the other computer the overall connection slows down significantly, even if the other computer is just sitting there.

Ive checked both computers to make sure there is nothing hogging the bandwidth in the background and they are clean.

Anyway to split the connection so that each computer gets 500kb of the bandwidth?

2. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

the most simple way on a hardware level, i can think of is purchasing slow NIC's (Network cards) so the computer cant physically use the 1Mb bandwidth.

I am unsure how you could do it on a software level. Try looking into creating a bandwidth cap on the machine. There could be a piece of networking software that will do it for you.

And you could consider getting faster broadband lol

Over and out
    CADET

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

This software can help ypu doing it, http"//www.netlimiter.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds