Remote Access into a Terminal Server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keeferj2, Feb 22, 2008.

1. keeferj2

keeferj2 Private First Class

I use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to log into work. I have a Vista Home Premium system and the server is a windows XP server (I believe). I have no issues connecting. I have issues when I try to use my mouse in the MS Word Document.

I can fully use the mouse on any other programs but only experience issues in WORD.

The Mouse will work on the Menu and slide bar, but if I try to click on a spot in the document to place the cursor or grab some text, nothing happens.

The network administrator called and said he removed an "offending PDF" file. I tested it and it seemed to work. Tonight, I needed to get some work done and of course it didn't work again.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work? The document is hugh and I can't email it to myself and I don't have FTP access. So I have to work on the server.

2. keeferj2

keeferj2 Private First Class

For those who are interested, the Computer Tech located a corrupt .DOT file (a template for Microsoft Word). This file was in several locations but once it was deleted, everything worked fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds