Monitor help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmsee, Feb 23, 2008.

1. dmsee

dmsee Private E-2

I have this Fuju 19" I am running 1280*1024 at 60HZ
    Does anyone know what should I set my brightness and contrast on and should I run it at 9300K or 7800K or 6500K If so what my rgb should be in one of these
    Thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The brightness and contrast is a question of what looks best to you. Play with the controls and see what you like. The "K" number I always leave at whatever the default is. And again, the RGB is a question of personal preference. I ually don't mess with the RGB as I've found the default is usually about as good as it's going to get. When I do mess with RGB, I usually end up having to reset it because I screw it all up and can't it back to where it looks normal. If it's a standard CRT monitor, you might want to turn the refresh up to at least 70hz or 75hz. I have my CRT set at 85hz and it looks freekin' beautiful ;)

3. dmsee

dmsee Private E-2

How do I know what K? is stock?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Good question :confused I just looked at my settings, and I'm not even sure what's stock on my monitor :eek: All I know is I don't mess with the "K". But you can try each one and see what looks best or if any of 'em even make a difference. Or just leave it alone.... with monitor settings, there is no true 'best'. It's all personal preference.

5. dmsee

dmsee Private E-2

What are you running?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

19" CRT monitor made by Royal Analog aka RIC. It was actually a pretty high end monitor when it was new, back in 2000. I run it at 1024x768 at 85hz. I got it for free and have no need to 'upgrade' as it works great and I'm totally happy with it :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds