I get an error code re: AVG

Discussion in 'Software' started by adeliene, Feb 24, 2008.

1. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

I get an error code when trying to connect to the server.
    It says:- The server cannot be converted to the IP address.
    Failed with error code Ox81000002
    also anti-virus components status could not be determined,connection failed.
    Resident shield is not loaded.
    Anti-virus component is registered correctly, however determining status failed.
    This is all above my head and I am totally confused.
    My computer is a Dell dimension XP when I brought the computer there was aol installed and lots of programmes from dell, I am not sure if these are stopping me install AVG.
    Could you PLEASE help me sort this out. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
    adeliene

2. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

Thanks for your reply, My norton anti virus expired yesterday, but I will now check to make sure I have deleted it from my computer. I was trying to install AVG and I think your right about my system not having permission because of a firewall, but I don't know how to delete a firewall. I am not very clever with my PC. I keep getting messages saying application LEXPPS.exe is trying to establish TCP connection with remote IP it says will I allow or deny the connection, as I don't understand what LEXPPS.EXE means I don't no how to reply. what do you think I should do? I am really grateful for your help.

3. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

shows how dozy I am, I did have norton firewall, but have deleted all norton symantic, so I don't think there is a firewall at the moment so am desperate to get avg sorted soon. How do I find out if there is a firewall working on my pc?

4. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

thanks for your help, there is a lot for me to digest in your message and i will delete my avg and install again, but i have a message that says AOL connectivity service is trying to establish UDP connection with remote IP address. and next to the message there is flames, so is that a firewall I didn't know about? when i got the pc lots of aol was already installed by dell. what do you think?

5. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

I think it's great that your trying to help me, and I need time, so don't give up on me yet. I have already deleted norton and i have tried to install the norton removal tool , but not sure because the site looked complicated. i couldn't see where the download was I will look again.

6. adeliene

adeliene Private E-2

Thankyou for your help, it all seemed so complicated that i took the cowards way out and installed norton again, now i feel that i can get on with my work without worrying. you have been great and i'm slow at learning so thanks again. you listen and helped me.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds