NVidia GForce 6200C

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sunder, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sunder

Sunder Private E-2

Hi guys! Really need some input from you. I have a dell system, and have been playing WoW for a while. Video graphics and RAM sucked, so I purchased 2G RAM, 21" WS Display Monitor, and an NVidia graphics card. Super graphics now and no lag in the game. However... When entering instances, I occassionally get broken graphics. Exiting the instance and re-entering fixes it. (btw, I am running fullscreen in WoW) When I exit WoW and launch IE, I get major lag. Page build is minutes long, mouse doesn't move properly... but is "jumpy", can't do a thing to fix it but to reboot the computer. I know it is either graphics related, or RAM related. How do I fix this? It is not specific to WoW and IE, it could be WoW and Ventrillo or any other program I leave fullscreen mode to view. I have had it actually crash twice this week since upgrading these pieces. Perhaps power supply? Need your help.

2. mikkh

mikkh Private First Class

Was the 6200 the new card you bought? It's an awful low spec slug if it was and hopeless for gaming. Dell (or any major manufacturer come to that) aren't exactly generous with PSU sizes, so that could be part of it too, but the 6200 is a very poor graphics card

3. Sunder

Sunder Private E-2

Yep, sad but true. I have an older system, and it will only take PCI, not PCI Express. That limited my selection from the start, and I shopped at Best Buy... another limitation. Not that I would be in any hurry to run out and replace it again, but what would be your suggestion if I needed to spend more money on a PCI video card? Would there be any tweeks I could do to the display before I get spend happy? I have found tweeks for NVidia refresh rate issues, but I am not sure what the issue is precisely in the posts to say that this would help me out any. I will have to say that the combination of the new hardware has improved my graphics tremendously, but it has brought up other undesirabe results as well. I would really like some suggestions for correction rather than replacement first. Thanks in advance for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds