No Bios Id String

Discussion in 'Software' started by kpsg, Feb 25, 2008.

1. kpsg

kpsg Private E-2

BIOS update problem

i have an intel D945GCCR mobo,an intel pentium D processor 3.0 Ghz,512 MB ram,Win xp proffessional sp 3.

the intel express update gives an error as follows:
    "The process could not continue.The bios you are trying to update to is invalid for your system."

i have downloaded the file many a times but the same result.

also the bios menu shows no bios version or id ,its just blank.

a bios identifier utility also showed the bios version and oem as "unknown".
    please help

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: BIOS update problem

Here is the official site for your motherboard's drivers, BIOS, and downloads:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!
    If you downloaded your BIOS from any other source, it may not be the correct BIOS. There are as many as five different ways to flash your BIOS using Intel software. Here's a link to more details: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm
    Intel also has a knowledge base, forums, and other online support options to help with your issue. I had a similar problem with a Toshiba laptop recently. The BIOS chip ended up requiring replacement as it had become corrupt to the point where the recovery CDs didn't work, BIOS flashing didn't work, and other Toshiba software wouldn't recognize the PC as a Toshiba. Hopefully your problem is not this severe.

3. kpsg

kpsg Private E-2

I have been trying to update my bios via intel's express update but no use.
    i recently tried flashing the bios but it failed because there was no bios id for the currently installed bios.
    i have a intel D945GCCR mobo,intel dual core 3.0 Ghz processor,win xp proffesional with sp3.
    please help!!!!

4. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

Clear your CMOS setup, i.e jumper the appropriate pins on the Jumper block. Locations can be found in this publication (PDF) on page 58:

http://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/cr/D8069901US.pdf

Also, are you using this file for BIOS Update?

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15487/eng/CR94510J.86A.0059.EB.EXE

Your BIOS ID string should be CL94510J.86A.

Also, have you downloaded the BIOS recovery Kit, if a "just encase" situation pops up? If not? Then it's available here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng

HTH

Bill

5. sheeraz

sheeraz Private E-2

hello
    same thing happend to me here`s the configration "D945gccr,HT Processor 3.2, 1GB ram" i tryed every thing but no result . e,g "BIOS recovery using FLOPPY & also from CD-ROM , in bios there is no bios ID . its blank In games PC goes Very slow just like Pentium 2 i tryed "NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2" & "FLAT OUT".... is there any trick to update bios without checking the installed bios ID or bypass to check the installed bios ID . maybe this will work

6. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

Before we venture into the world of unknown BIOS flashing, I need to get confirmation from YOU of a few things.

1 - Does the WORD "Intel" appear anywhere on the main circuit board?

2 - Does the LETTER "i" (lower case) appear on the motherboard?

3 - Are there any part numbers inked on the motherboard, and what are they?

The reason for these questions is to determine if this is a genuine INTEL motherboard and not some knock off imitation! And, YES before you ask there are ways to bypass the BIOS check routines.

BUT, be warned, right now, that bypassing this could give you a wonderful new DOORSTOP! As that will most likely be the new usefulness of your motherboard, should it all go wrong! Think about this before you do this.

Bill

7. sheeraz

sheeraz Private E-2

hi there
    ok here`s your answers
    1 - Does the WORD "Intel" appear anywhere on the main circuit board?
    Answer - its inbetween processor socket & DIMM slots, its a logo says intel "circle arround it" after this it says "INTEL DESKTOP BOARD".

2 - Does the LETTER "i" (lower case) appear on the motherboard?
    Answer - hope got the answer up there.

3 - Are there any part numbers inked on the motherboard, and what are they?
    Answer - "AAD78647-302" .

ok here`s something important to say my old bios was CR94510J.86A.0052 i updated to CR94510J.86A.0054 & it was working perfectly but now i updated again to CR94510J.86A.0059 & this happend

8. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

OK, everything checks out the AAD78647-302 number confirmed it. Actually it should be printed like so AA: D78647-302. With the "302" part indicating revision levels and updates.

With that said this applies to only ONE motherboard from Intel. You may already know this, I don't know? But here is the Intel page link to it:

http://support.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gccr/index.htm

As noted, in the below listed documents, the original BIOS Revision level for your specific motherboard (AA: D78647-302) should have been CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611. This is the revision level that was shipped with your motherboard, from the factory. Do not try to reflash to a version PRIOR to this level. These specifications can be found in the following documents: (PDF)

D945GCCR Technical Product Specification

D945GCCR Desktop Board Specification Update

On the below listed page you'll find the configuration, i.e. features available for your motherboard:

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/cr/cr_available.htm

This is listed for the purpose of allowing you to note what features are supported for the motherboard and those that are NOT supported. Also, listed below, is the board layout diagram for your motherboard model:

Configuration Label for Intel® Desktop Board D945GCCR - PDF

You might want to load this document and print it out for a handy reference?

Lets state some obvious and not so obvious things. So that we are talking about the same thing, i.e. things I can see and things that you can see. First thing that comes to mind is Why is your motherboard BIOS ID string BLANK? I can guarantee you that there is a 100% chance that the motherboard did NOT leave the factory with a BLANK BIOS ID string. This brings up the obvious question of just how it did become blank.

The ONLY way that it can become blank, is for it to have been MADE that way, i.e. somebody, either deliberately or unknowingly made it that way. Either the seller or a former owner of the motherboard flashed the BIOS with, either, a custom BIOS or a Beta version of one. Either way you have to deal with what you now have.

Also, I need to know just how DEEP you are willing to go to get what you wan out of this BIOS? Because with this BIOS you can really get DEEP into actually programing it, i.e. enable, disable, customize it to the Nth degree! Like anyone who deals with guns I hesitate in placing a gun in the untrained hands of someone who has no idea about guns! The same applies to this bit of information.

The 945 chipset installed on your motherboard is UNRESTRICTED, in the BIOS sense of the word. Simply put you can unlock, lock, hide, disable, enable and customize an unlimited number of features. If you feel interested? take a look at this page at Intel:

Intel® Integrator Toolkit

Look around those pages and READ. There are tools there that will do what you want, with ease. Also, there are resources there too. You will need them to do this evolution. Take a good look around.

Get back to me on whether or not you want to go this deep into correcting your problem?

Bill

9. sheeraz

sheeraz Private E-2

hi again well listen , Original bios for my motherboard is :CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611: i checked bios ID in bios then i updated to CR94510J.86A.0054 i checked again & it was alright at that moment "bios ID in bios" again i updated to CR94510J.86A.0059 & this was happend ..... can you tell me how to bypass the installed bios id & update bios? (All Bios Files are Downloaded From intel.com) when i try to open this "Intel(R) Integrator Assistant" this famous error comes in XP "send or donot send" i tried to update bios using "iTK_FE_3.3.2.192" but no use ,,, error says the same the one mentioned up there....

10. sheeraz

sheeraz Private E-2

hi again well listen , Original bios for my motherboard is :CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611: i checked bios ID in bios then i updated to CR94510J.86A.0054 i checked again & it was alright at that moment "bios ID in bios" again i updated to CR94510J.86A.0059 & this was happend ..... can you tell me how to bypass the installed bios id & update bios? (All Bios Files are Downloaded From intel.com) when i try to open this "Intel(R) Integrator Assistant" this famous error comes in XP "send or donot send" i tried to update bios using "iTK_FE_3.3.2.192" but no use ,,, error says the same the one mentioned up there....

11. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

I'm not sure what you are saying?

I think you are trying to re-update the BIOS in Windows, via the executable files provided by Intel? IF you are trying that in Windows it will NOT work. The BIOS needs exclusive access to the system when your try to override the settings.

THIS CAN NOT BE DONE UNDER WINDOWS!

To over write the current BIOS image you need exclusive access and this can only be done from a bootable floppy or CD with MS-DOS 6.22 installed on it, as the booting OS. Windows own internal routines prevent this from happening. It's a Security measure, to PREVENT the BIOS from being written to, again. PLUS, the built in features of the Windows program for flashing the BIOS see it as the SAME BIOS image. Therefore there is no need to reflash or update the BIOS. AGAIN this is a security feature, from Intel, to prevent, custom BIOS images (Not from Intel) from being installed by the Windows program.

Reflashing the BIOS should always be done from DOS not Windows.

BTW, you DO have UPNP turned on, don't you?

HTH

Bill

12. sheeraz

sheeraz Private E-2

i tried to update Bios in windowsxp sp2 using this file Express BIOS Update [CR94510J.86A.0059.EB.EXE] but nouse this error wont allow me to update the bios "this program is unable to continue, the bios you are trying to update to is invalid for your system "... i also tied this to recover bios using this file "Recovery BIOS Update CR0059.BIO " copy this file in floppy & remove the cmos jumper ... floppy works but not work for me . i also try this same thing using CD but no use . last i tried in DOS mode boot with win98 cd on command prompt i insert the cd i created "IFLASH CR0059.bio CR0059.itk" when i tried to update using iflash it goes hang

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds