Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger error

Discussion in 'Software' started by dark247, Mar 25, 2008.

1. dark247

dark247 Private E-2

Awhile back I had installed Microsoft Visual Studio express edition, but after doing so I started getting error messages with various other programs that would then close afterwards, while some programs encouter the problem later on even if they have been working before. I then couldn't uninstall the visual studios because everytime I tried the uninstaller would just get stuck, so I manually deleted them and deleted the registries using CCleaner, but the problem still persists. I am running Windows XP. Can someone please help me get rid of this as it's really problematic and frustrating.

Here is an example of a screenshot of the error while trying to load a program, with which you can just replace the error to the corresponding program (e.g. It now won't let me sign into Windows Live Messenger because of an error with the welcome screen):

[​IMG]

2. ron_99

ron_99 Private E-2

I had this probelm as well - I found these instruction on another site (but they did not work for me so I came up with my own solution, below):

*** what I found elsewhere -
    You should be able to disable the JIT Debugger in Internet Explorer, via:
    Windows Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab:

Checkmark both "disable script debugging (IE/other)" options
    Uncheck "display a notification about every script error"

Or go to: Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services
    and disable Visual Studio JIT Debugger, if listed.

Look for a service that points to one of the following executables:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsjitdebugger.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\vs7jit.exe

********* THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME:
    I went here C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsjitdebugger.exe and renamed vsjitdebugger.exe to vsjitdebuggerBACK.exe (*this worked for me)
    ...but just in case...
    Then I went here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug and I also renamed the folder VS7Debug (actually VS7DEBUG) to VSDebugback (VS7DEBUGback)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds