need opinion on router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mandrak, Apr 24, 2003.

1. mandrak

mandrak Private E-2

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I have set up many networks with the linksys routers. I find them to be easy to configure and set up and I've never had one problem with either of them. Check for firmware updates after you set it up.

3. Mando

Mando Private E-2

Hi i have a BEFW11S4

Which looks like the same unit but with built in wireless lan.

Id agree totally with Kodo its way surpassed my generic Zonet router with performance etc sharing my 2mbit conn and pings are better with it also but i think thats mayb just upgrading to 2mbit :D

I know what ill be recommending from now on in my job as an IT Support Engineer top class products.

Got 4 systems sharing it with a HP Ipaq 5450 using wifi @11mbit throughout house works a dream. all 4 systems using rj45 cabling.

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  4. Suzuki

Suzuki Private E-2

I agree. Good products, and good firmware update support. Linksys do a good job. You might like to look at D-Link too. They can be a little less sophisticated, and cheaper, but they are also very solid products with an excellent firewall feature. If you're joining two computers, have u considered just using Internet Connection Sharing? An extra NIC card in the "host" computer and you're done. Standard Windoze feature and works well enough. Saves the expense of a router and works well enough. Depends what u want to use the network for though. For most uses, its fine.

Hope this helps.

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I hope Cisco doesn't fubar Linksys. Of course, I don't really see that happening. As long as they don't decide that the Cisco console is better than the Linksys web portal control panel.

6. mandrak

mandrak Private E-2

Hi

I got that BEFSR41 router finally and so far works like a charm :)
    I had no problems whatsoever with it and i`m very satisfied.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds