Windows License error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Apr 1, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

WinXP MCE; it wasn't booting; BSOD "unmountable boot volume" so I fixed that, and now it boots to the user login screen, but when I click on the user name, I get this message "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x80040005". I searched the number at the ol' MSKB and got 4 hits that related to email; nothing about licenses. Anyone? Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

NEVERMIND.
    Problem solved. I booted in safe mode and edited the registry to prompt for product activation upon rebooting. So I then rebooted (duh) and it prompted to activate before I could log on. XP activated, and I'm sitting happily at the desktop :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds