Temp monitoring software, looking for

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by katcelata, May 22, 2008.

1. katcelata

katcelata Private First Class

I just had to reformat my hard drive, and couldn't back up- I lost a really valuable monitoring software- I own a Vaio, which is terrible for overheating as you know- this worked a treat, but I can't remember the name. The logo was a snowman on a snowboard. It was either free or shareware, and I am pretty certain it began with N. Hope you can help. pls email me:katcelata@hotmail.com

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. katcelata

thank you dear heart- I had forgotten all about my Vaio's particular natty problem, and in the midst of recovering everything she wants to shut down, oh what a pain... just cuz of being lazy... tks for the link

4. katcelata

got an Intel message, and the program won't install- too tired to review it 2night, will go thru it 2morrow and check back w/u, best private kat

5. Grayfox

Grayfox Private E-2

6. katcelata

Thanks Greyfox, and everybody who helped- I'm going to check out SpeedFan. I did remember the one I was looking for, Notebook Hardware Control (duh, took me 3 DAYS to remember that...) and it is located at http://www.pbus-167.com/chc.htm As always, the Major Geeks Army came through for me! luv, kat

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

http://www.majorgeeks.com/HWMonitor_d5842.html
    This one is free, and will monitor tons of different temps and fan speeds. However, it doesn't run in the background or minimize to the system tray, so you have to manually launch the program, then minimize it in order to track your temps. Screen shot attached.

[dlb]

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds