Identification?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m3i0x3, May 25, 2008.

1. m3i0x3

m3i0x3 Private E-2

Hello All,

Recently had a motherboard handed to me by Co-Worker who said "here i dont need this anymore". dont really know why i was the candidate.

im no Tech guy, so i was wondering how to identify this board, where to look to find model number so i can cram it in a tower. so far all i know is its a VIA and thats it...

any help is greatly appricheated

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Well.... this is kind of hard to answer. Many times the model number is printed on the board in between the PCI slots. Sometimes it is printed up near the CPU socket. Sometimes there's a sticker on the back-side of the motheboard; sometimes a sticker on the side of a PCI slot (stuck to the white plastic); sometimes a sticker is stuck on top of the rear panel connectors (like where the mouse and keyboard and USB is). If you can find any numbers or number-and-letter combos, a Google search should produce something....

GOOD LUCK!

3. m3i0x3

m3i0x3 Private E-2

cool thanks dlb, found the right ones.. the description i got is

VIA VT82C693A

APOLLO PR0133

66/100/133 MHz

Single-Chip Slot-i I Socket-370 North Bridge

for Desktop and Mobile PC Systems

with AGP 2x and PCI

Plus Advanced ECC Memory Controller

supporting SDRAM, VCM, EDO, and FPG

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds