Slow Connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BanC, May 5, 2003.

1. BanC

BanC Private E-2

I have a us robotics 56k faxmodem pci for windows. It has v.90 and v.92 standard technologies in it. I was told it is also analog. When I go to modems in the control panel it says I have a U.S. Robotics V.92 Fax Win Int modem. I cant connect any higher than 31200. I have to put a INIT STRING (AT+MS=v34) in to even get it to connect at that. With out the string it will not work at all. It just says dailing then failed to connect with remote computer. I have tried lots of other init strings but they do not work. Its not my phone line because I have hooked other computers up to it and they all connect in the mid to high 40`s. I have also tried to install the modem in different pci slots. But nothing changes. This thing is slow PLEASE HELP ME.....As always thanks!!!!!!

1.2 ghz celeron processor
    192mbs of ram
    ATX VA motherboard 694T pro
    win 98 se
    us robotics modem
    sound blaster sound card
    nvaida vidio card

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

th max you will be able to connect at with that modem is 53K. Slow modem connections are usually cause by noise in the phoneline. Do you have static when you're talking on the phone? Try disconnecting all the phones in the house and connecting, it may be a phone introduceing static. Disconnect peripherals from your unit and connect. Once saw a scanner with a fualty power pack feed a 60 Hz tone into the unit, destroyed any chance of connecting. If all else fails, ty a new modem, they're cheap.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds