Microphone doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stanny93, May 27, 2008.

1. stanny93

stanny93 Private E-2

Hi, i have had two microphones and neither worked whereas they worked on other computers. I am wondering if its the sound card (HD AUDIODECK), do you think i should get a new one ?.
    Anyway in teamspeak(a gaming chat room) i cannot be heard through my mic , although people can hear sound played through my computer e.g when i play a song through windows media player.
    The problem stops me bieng considered in any decent clans with online gaming . any solutions , get back to me soon , thanks.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

1. Check that your driver is installed & working in device manager.

2. Tune up the volume in the properties in control panel. There may be another properties from the driver. i.e. My realtek has its own properties window.

3. Have the mic input ever worked in that pc?

3. stanny93

stanny93 Private E-2

No, the mic (or any other mic) has ever worked on this pc. My drivers are there and my volume is up. People can hear sound through my computer , but not sound through my mic what i say. :confused

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If no mic has ever worked, I'd try another sound card.

5. stanny93

stanny93 Private E-2

ok , thanks for you help, very much appreciated. I'll try a new sound card and then get back to you.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Some systems require a "microphone boost" setting to be enabled before a mic can be heard. Here's an image from my system: [​IMG]

7. mattinsocal8911

mattinsocal8911 Private E-2

Hey Dude I have had this problem up till I checked all settings related to the Mic.

Heres what to check as well

Go to the volume speaker in the lower right of task bar - right click and choose open volume control. Now you should see the Master volume box with all the columns for each connection example master volume, then another for Wave and another for SW synth and most importanly REAR PINK IN. If you do not have rear pink in with a column of its own then you are not allowing its operation, AFAIK. You should also have a Mic hooked up to rear pink in on the back of PC (unless you r using front pink in of course) To allow rear pink in ..Go to the master volume panel as before and click on options then properties go to the first box and select your sound card with output selection then go down to rear pink in or front pink in to make sure the box is checked for either rear or front connection. checking the box allows another panel in the master volume for that connection. Also go to the top and select the input setting for your device to see the next page and check the mic setting (check the box). Then go back to the master volume page to check that rear pink in is not muted and adjust volume.
    Last but not least in the master volume panel again click on the options and make sure a check is by advanced controls to get advanced controls in rear pink in panel. now you click on advanced controls and you can boost the mic volume like usafveteran said.

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Excellent response Mat....you helped me as well....tyvm.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds