Cold Cathode Lighting, Is It Safe?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, May 27, 2008.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I'd like to get some cold cathode lights for my entirely see through acrylic plastic case. But before I do I'd like to know if it's actually safe. & what to look for when buying this type of lighting. Any recommendations would be nice.

Thanks

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

cold cathode lights are perfectly safe, i have 2 red ones shining out of my cases side window.

make sure to look at the reviews, you want lights that wont dim fast, and you want lights with an inverter that makes minimal noise.

newegg is a good place to buy those, try to stay away from ebay and those "pimp my case" kind of yahoo shops

3. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Thanks! I was just about to buy one from ebay. Lol. :-D

4. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Ebay is fine if the price is good. Make sure they're made for PC. i.e. a molex power connector. They usually come with double-sided tapes on both ends. Best hide the tube from plain view. i.e. at the top/bottom behind the side window.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds