Can't open DVD drawer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nikilet, May 29, 2008.

1. Nikilet

Nikilet Private First Class

I hope someone can help me. I've stumbled around and messed something up. I have a Dell XPS 410-Vista Home Premium. I have a CD ROM drive and a DVD drive. My computer isn't that old and everything has worked fine until last night.

I placed a CD in the DVD drive to make a Bootable Rescue Media disk for my Acronis True Image Home 10. It just ran and ran and never finished and I decided something must be wrong. It was late and I aborted the procedure and closed down. Tonight when I booted I went to MY COMPUTER to see if anything at all had recorded on that CD. The DVD drive didn't even show up and now I can't open the DVD drawer.

PLEASE, someone, HELP if you can!

P.S. Would using System Restore work on something like this?

Nikilet

2. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

There should be a pin hole somewhere under your drawer... open a paper clip and push it in there, it's a manual open.. also, try taking off the bezel (cover) to the drawer, and opening it that way.. sometimes they get all catywampus (that's the right spelling) and the motor can't push the drawer open.. good luck...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds