Power cord help.LCD's on a laptop. and afew other problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, May 30, 2008.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

I did not know what to title this so i hope i got the right info for y'all.

I have a HP Pavilion ZE4220 Laptop with no power cord and i also got a HP 19inch wide screen LCD monitor. Can i use the monitors cord to charge the laptop?

The laptop calls for input 19vdc 3.95A
    while the LCD monitors power cord is output 12vdc 5.00A
    i would think the LCD's should be powerful enough to change the batt with the laptop turned off right?

problem one. if its hooked to the power cord and you hit the power button it will turn on for a sec only flashing the I/O light and the power cord light then shuts off same thing happens when you remove the battery. But if you hit one of the 5 buttons at the top of the keyboard it turns on and all the lights flash and kick on for afew seconds then turns off but if you remove the battery and hit one of them the laptop will start up and go to windows then go right to stand-by mode

problem two when it powers up it showed me a problem the screen is way dark so i hooked it to a CRT monitor just to watch it power up to windows and while its in windows for what little time it is i can slide in the battery and it shuts it off within a sec but if i don't pop in the battery it just goes to stand by and stays there.. If theres any other info needed let me know and i will try to fill in the blanks.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds