Weird wireless issue when playing multiplayer games.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Superfreak, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Superfreak

Superfreak Private E-2

Whenever I play a multiplayer game on my PC I get what seems to be a very quick disconnect and reconnect. This causes the game to stop for about a second with a disconnect warning and then teleport me forward. It usually occurs once every minute or so and it is really quite bizarre as my ping in games is generally very low. My ps3 and my wii are not experiencing these issues which leads me to believe that it is something wrong with my computer and not the router. Browsing the internet works perfectly fine as this issue only seems to occur in games. I've updated all the drivers and firmware for my devices but to no avail any suggestions?

Wireless Card: Ralink RT 2500
    Router: Linksys WRT54G ver. 5

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Does it occur at other tasks like downloading? Google "pc wizard" & use it to post the specs of the pc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds