Problems with new video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aravan, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Aravan

Aravan Private E-2

I'm having some problems installing a new video card. I have a Biostar 6100-M9 with an Athlon 64 3000+, using a Thermaltake PurePower 500W (14A + 15A on the +12V rail). I'm trying to install an XFX GeForce 8800 GS. The problem is that when I install the card and connect my monitor, my monitor doesn't even recognize a connection. I turn on the system and it seems to boot up normally, albeit 'headless'. The video card fan runs. There is no output from either the video card or the integrated video. The only options in BIOS regarding the integrated video are Auto or Always Enabled. There's no output from either the integrated or new video card with either option. Any thoughts?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The power supply may be a bit weak and the on board video will not provide a picture as long as the video card is in. Check the video card and make sure you have the power connection plugged all the way, and make sure the card is seated completely and firmly in the slot. Double check all the internal connections (both data and power) and make sure nothing has come loose or disconnected. If none of this works, take out the video card, plug the monitor into the on board video and see if it works. If so, then it's either the video card or the power supply.....

Good luck!

3. Trussman

Trussman Private First Class

Make sure you have installed the driver that came with the new card. If that doesn't get it going.

Then you might have to go into the device manager, look for the yellow triangle or red X. If it isn't present go into the display adapter and make sure it is listing it, click on it, when it opens enable it. If it show the integrated one with a check, disable that one and check or enable the installed video card. You may have to scroll down to the box with the sounds, video and game.

Hopefully this will get it going for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds