I cannot view the undeleted files

Discussion in 'Software' started by kojack22, Jun 27, 2008.

1. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

I INSTALLED THIS PROGRAM:

Undelete Plus - [2007-11-06 | Freeware | 852 KB | Win All | 85743 | 4.43 ]
    A quick and effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files.

I have no problem recovering the files. I send them to a folder named /documents/undelete. I even saved them to a flash drive. The problem is viewing a simple text document that I am trying to recover. It opens the document but it is either scambled in code or it simply won't open.

Does anyone have this program? Can anyone suggest another program that WORKS?

I asked this before but no answers solved the problem.

Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly at times, even though you will recover the file type and the file name the data or part of the file may have been overwritten so is corrupted, basically as soon as you delete a file its flagged as free space, then in the normal usage of a pc that flagged space could fully or partly be used thus loosing all or part of the data your trying to recover.... the more you use the PC and the more new data you add the less likelyhood is that the data can be fully recovered.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Recuva_-_File_Recovery_d5514.html is fairly good.

Do they have file extentions like .doc or .txt or any text file format? if not what is the file extention?

Can you open them in notepad over using say word?

3. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

Attached is what comes up when I try to open the file.

I have about 8 doc. files and 5 of them will open. The one I need WON'T :cry

Attached Files:

4. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

so its saving the file but only outputting that you have posted in the screenshot.

looks like the file is corrupted. no much you can really do.

If there is nothing sensitive in it maybe you can post it here and someone might be able to workout some way of recovering the information

5. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

Here is the file.

Attached Files:

6. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

ya that file is totally gone.

When you decode it in different formats you can see fragments of system calls and things that dont belong in a word document.

You have basically recovered the file name and type and that is all.

Sorry nothing you can do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds