ESET NOD32 and Windows Live Messenger singing in problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mikal, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mikal

Mikal Private E-2

Good evening (or morning, or afternoon),

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit, and have the latest version of Windows Live.

Recently my MSN has been playing up and coming up with error messages, with my NOD32 firewall turned on I get the error code: 8100030d, I have looked on the MSN site and gone through their instructions on how to supposedly solve the problem, but to no avail.

When I turn the firewall off I get the error code: 80072745, again I have looked on the MSN website and the guides were the least bit helpful.

It is weird as sometimes its fine with the firewall on and off, and other times (like now) it doesn't work at all.

I have tried re-installing Windows Live and still hasn't helped. I have no idea what to try next so I'm hoping someone here will be able to point me in the right direction... Maybe I need to somehow configure my firewall? (which again I don't know how).

Many thanks in advance!

2. raffao

raffao Private E-2

I've got the same problem since I've installed NOD32 3.0
    I can't connect with MSN 7.0 and 8.1 and I can't even install 8.5 for the same reason: error code: 80072745.
    My configuration: Windows XP Pro SP3, no firewalls (deactivated the windows' too), NOD32 3.0.
    No help from Microsoft site (just generic suggestions) no any ideas from the web.
    Many thanks in advance for your help.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If connecting via a router/modem turn it off, leave for 30secs and turn back on.

If NOD32 is disabled, can you connect to MSN?

Check the NOD32 Firewall rules for MSN Messenger being blocked, here is manual for NOD32 and from page 20 is how to check and set the firewall rules for applications.

4. raffao

raffao Private E-2

No, i'm just in an office LAN, cable connected.

No, I disabled it but no way to install and connect.

I hope this will help, I haven't tried yet. At the moment it was very urgent to me to work and use MSN so I downgraded NOD32 to previous version 2.7
    By the way I wanna thank you very much for your suggestions and I'll give you news wether the Guide-lines will work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds