recognizing a second hard drive in the (send to) drop down menu in XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by mineraledge, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mineraledge

mineraledge Private E-2

Hi,
    First of all I'd Like to thank you for the post (read & run me first)malware removal guide. I had some problems last week and after following this guide "to the letter" cleaned the problems out. I have just fitted a second Ide H/D to an old computer with XP Everything sseams OK except It does'nt show in the drop down list (send to) for some strange reason . Could anyone help ,please.

Regards Mineraledge

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

To add a destination to your "Send To" drop down menu.
    Right click on the "Start" button and choose "Explore"
    Double-click the "SendTo" folder in the left window pane.
    (The SendTo folder is hidden by default. If it is not visible, go to the Tools menu, click Folder Options. On the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders.)
    On the File menu, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
    Follow the instructions on your screen to add your new drive as a destination.

3. mineraledge

mineraledge Private E-2

Thanks Joelsz, Worked A treat
    Regards Mineraledge

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

You are welcome.
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds