Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi xtreme gamer

Discussion in 'Software' started by tiger2218, Jun 30, 2008.

1. tiger2218

tiger2218 Private E-2

I am new to the online help so bare with me. I have installed a new sound card and I installed the included software and I dont get any sound from my speakers. I have checked and the card is detected and working properly. Do I have to uninstall the software form my old card. I went into the device manager and the card is listed. I tried to disable the old card and my pc will not allow any audio to be played. Should I uninstall the new software and card an then reinstall. Any help would be appreciated.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Can you post the sound/video/game controllers in device manager? A screenie will do.

3. tiger2218

tiger2218 Private E-2

I dont seem to be able to use the print scrn. I have tried the button alone and alt+print screen and I am not able to paste in word or paint. So here is a list of hardware unde that heading

Audio Codecs
    Creative SB X-Fi
    IDT High Definiton Audio Codec
    Legacy Audio Devices
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Nedia Control Devices
    Video Codecs

Hope This helps.
    Thanks

4. tiger2218

tiger2218 Private E-2

Here's a new addition to the problem I am having. I disabled the new sound card that I intalled and then I got sound. I was still plugged into the new sound card. Not sure what that means.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It means, that either you have the speakers plugged into the old sound card or the thing you disabled is not the new sound card. You aren't going to get sound out of a card that has been disabled.

6. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

FYI, use irfanview for manipulating pictures.

7. tiger2218

tiger2218 Private E-2

Today I will unistall the new software and card and then I will reinstall them and see if that works.

FYI: I am plugged into the new card. I have not unplugged it since I started. Thanks for all the welp. I will try the irfanview to see what that does for print screen.

8. tiger2218

tiger2218 Private E-2

I have unistalled and re-installed everything and the new sound card now works. Thanks to you both for your information. One more question. Do I have to do anything special to end this forum or does it end on its own after time?

9. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Good news. You're done. Don't have to close this thread. Even though the mod have the power to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds