Problems capturing scrolling window with SnagIt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sl@ck3r, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Sl@ck3r

Sl@ck3r Private E-2

I'm running Windows Vista on a MAC Powerbook, using Boot camp, and I've been experiencing problems capturing web pages with the scrolling windows feature of SnagIt. I thought it may have something to do with compatibility, so I attempted the same capture on a different laptop (HP), only to get the same results.

Basically, what happens is when I attempt to capture some websites (not all), it starts the capture, but prematurely stops the scrolling feature. What gives?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :-D

2. Sl@ck3r

Sl@ck3r Private E-2

Well, no response so far, but I did find a work around, so I guess I'll post it in the event someone ever has the same issue.

Some web sites have a slower refresh rate, and SnagIt allows the user to change the settings by changing the Scroll Delay option to a higher value:

Options >> Input >> Properties >> Enter Higher value for Scroll Delay (default is 0)

Also, SnagIt is not compatible with all browsers. IE seems to work best with SnagIt, as other browsers may not allow SnagIt to perform properly.

:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds